Monday, February 26, 2007
Many of you who come to the live Chatroom while listening to the programs know that TWD — ThirdWaveDave — always sits at the top row of the VIP section. We’ve come to expect that he will be there, because for the past year, he’s rarely missed a show.
Some of our friends in tonight’s Chatroom who came to listen to interviews with guests Lucianne Goldberg and Matt “Blackfive” Burden noticed that ThirdWaveDave wasn’t occupying his usual spot at the top of the list. One chat room guest jokingly suggested that maybe Dave chose instead to watch the Oscars.
This could not be further from the truth. Dave would never miss a show for the Academy Awards or any other program. Even his beloved football. He is our most loyal listener and ardent supporter. And a dear friend.
When Dave and I spoke earlier in the day, he told me why he wasn’t going to be with us this evening. At air time, I did not feel at liberty to tell you the reason. But after the show, he and I spoke again. I told him his absence was noticed and would surely elicit more questions from his fellow Chat room pals in the days ahead. “What should I tell them?” I asked.
His answer was simple and unhesitating. “Tell them the truth. Do a post, and tell them the truth.”
So, it is with a heavy heart that I write this to tell you our friend Dave is facing a significant personal battle. He was diagnosed today with CML — Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia — a chromosome abnormality that causes the disease which affects 1 to 2 people per 100,000 and accounts for 7 – 20% of cases of leukemia. To learn more about it, links here, here, and here.
Dave is being hospitalized while undergoing a battery of tests. He’ll be there a few days while doctors determine exactly what’s going on, and prescribe appropriate treatment to arrest the spread of the disease.
It will be a while before Dave’s at his computer again. If you would like to know how to reach him, or where to send a note of encouragement, please email me at RadioPatriot1@yahoo dot com. I know he would be heartened to hear from you. He’s done so much for so many of us. Now, it’s our turn.
- Sending “Angel” prayers for Dave.
- 7:20 AM, February 26, 2007
- What Mary*Ann said from me, too!
- 7:29 AM, February 26, 2007
some are dealt burdens, only the strongest of us can handle.
TWD is brave enough to lick this with style.
the very best wishes, prayers, hope to this fine MAN.
- 11:11 AM, February 26, 2007
- Sending my e-mail now!
- 12:01 PM, February 26, 2007
Some Soldier’s Mom said…
- I love this guy… will add my prayers to those of everyone else.
- 2:44 PM, February 26, 2007
Gayle Miller said…
- TWD was among the first people to welcome me to the blogsphere (after the magnificent Kitty and the adorable Aaron) and the thought of the hurdles he is facing makes my heart heavy, despite the fact that I know that Dave is in the hands of the great Lover of us all. Nonetheless, I will pray for him and look around for some very very funny stuff to send to him!
He is one of the more fantastic humans around.
- 3:06 PM, February 26, 2007
Army Wife said…
- largest of prayers sent…
- 12:01 AM, February 27, 2007
Aaron Matthew Arnwine said…
- Dave is a cancer conquerer; I just know it.
He is in my daily prayers.
Please keep us posted, ASK, on his condition.
God bless you, Dave.
- 8:51 AM, February 27, 2007
- Dave has been my personal friend for 25 years. I was there when he was dubbed Third Wave Dave by our mutual friend Robert. I spoke to him in the hospital Monday. He is in excellent spirits given the situation and thankful for his friends who contacted him with encouragement. Keep the cards and letters coming folks. It seems to do him good. He is tough and cool under pressure. This I know. Ralph
- 9:08 PM, February 27, 2007
- We are putting TWD on our prayer list. He is a dear soul who is always there with a kind word for me.
- 10:40 PM, February 27, 2007
Andrea Shea King said…
- So grateful for all your kind words…
….passing them along to Dave. He’s very touched, and has asked me to thank you.
So, thank you. He feels the love.
- 11:39 PM, February 27, 2007
- Hi Andrea,
My name is Phil, I had heard about this from Douglas V. Gibbs from Political Pistachio blog and another friend blogger named Christi from Commonsense blog. Dave will know who I am referring to, I have seen Dave post comments a lot on Christi’s site but I just wanted to offer my prayers for Dave too even though that I didn’t know him. We are all humans after all and fellow bloggers.
- 3:10 PM, February 28, 2007
Sissy Willis said…
- God bless, dear heart.
- 7:53 AM, March 01, 2007
Mrs. Media Matters said…
- Thanks Andrea, I just got your message today, I have posted my own in regards to this
- 8:26 PM, March 01, 2007