- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R) threatened to withhold salaries of school officials who defy his mask mandate ban.
- Ron DeSantis said he will withhold the salaries of superintendents and school board members in a statement to CBS Miami:
- The CDC with help from fake news media outlets reported there was a ‘record’ number of Covid cases in Florida
- “FLORIDA COVID DATA: The state hit yet another record number of new daily cases, reporting 28,317 on Sunday. Here’s the updated state data including cases, deaths, vaccination rates and hospitalizations” – the South Florida Sun Sentinel reported on Monday using the CDC’s inaccurate data.
- The Florida Health Department scrambled to correct the record as the lie spread like wildfire across several different outlets.
- “Wrong again. The number of cases CDC released for Florida today is incorrect. They combined MULTIPLE days into one.
- The CDC *knowingly* combined several days worth of reporting and condensed it into one day.
- The Florida Health Department took to Twitter to correct the record – AGAIN:
- “This is not accurate. Florida follows CDC guidelines reporting cases Monday through Friday, other than holidays. Consequently, each Monday or Tuesday, there will be two or three days of data reported at a time. When data is published, it is attributed evenly to the previous days.”
- On Sunday, a federal judge granted Norwegian’s bid to require 100 percent vaccinations, saying its challenge of DeSantis’ vaccine passport law will likely prevail at trial.
- Gov. Ron DeSantis plans to appeal a preliminary injunction allowing Norwegian Cruise Line to require passengers to show proof that they are vaccinated against COVID-19.
- DeSantis press secretary Christina Pushaw released this statement from DeSantis’ office:
- “We disagree with the judge’s legal reasoning and will be appealing to the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. A prohibition on vaccine passports does not even implicate, let alone violate, anyone’s speech rights, and it furthers the substantial, local interest of preventing discrimination among customers based on private health information.”