I’ll go with what Jack Posobiec put out there:
“No country should have 2 independence days.”
Juneteenth – such BS. Ridiculous.
No one created a federal national holiday for the Italians in my heritage…
- If you thought America marking Juneteeth as a national holiday beginning in 2021 had anything to do with honoring the nation’s ending of slavery in the mid-nineteenth century, President Joe Biden has another story for you. Watch:
- “Happy Juneteenth, everyone,” Biden said in a video statement on Sunday. “One of the great honors I’ve had as president was the sign the bill making Juneteenth a national holiday for the first new federal holiday since Martin Luther King Day nearly four decades ago. And it matters. It mattered to me and it matters to the country.”
- “Juneteenth marks both the long, hard night of slavery and subjugation and the promise of a brighter morning to come, a day of profound weight and power that reminds us of the extraordinary capacity to heal and hope and emerge the most painful moments into a better version of ourselves,” he added.
- “You know, great nations don’t — they just don’t ignore the most painful moments in their history. They embrace them to heal and grow stronger. And we’re a great nation.”
- “But it’s simply not enough to commemorate Juneteenth, for emancipation did not mark the end of America’s work to deliver on the promise of equality,” Biden added. “It only marked the beginning. To honor the true meaning of Juneteenth we must never rest until we deliver the promise of America to all Americans. All Americans. That’s what Kamala and I and our administration are committed to do.”
- It’s critical to note that this is a revisionist meaning of “emancipation.” Slavery was ended in the United States as part of a trajectory originating in its founding principles: “All men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”
- The Biden administration is now implying that black Americans are still somehow oppressed because they don’t have “equity.” This is the socialist’s false promise that “equality” means the government seizing and redistributing all of the nation’s resources equally to citizens regardless of the value of their labor.
- It is interesting to point out that Biden came into office appearing to have no idea what Juneteenth meant.
Juneteenth, obviously, is not the holiday marking the Tulsa Race Massacre. That occurred on May 31, 1921.
Juneteenth is thus not a holiday that marks unity, but is yet another one that is meant to perpetuate division, according to the way that Democrats interpret it. In a historically honest reading, the emancipation of slaves marks another step towards fulfilling the promise inherent in America’s Founding.