- Uvalde Police Chief was placed on administrative leave effective immediately.
- Does this officer look like he’s in Tactical Position?
- Does this officer look like he’s acting with urgency not just to save school kids but his own daughter?
- Keep digging
Keep asking questions
- The truth will eventually come to you
- The legislation, which the Senate voted to advance Tuesday night, reads in part “the right to be represented by counsel at no expense to the government.”
- In simpler terms, individuals who have their firearm confiscated by officials under these red flag laws may have a lawyer, so long as they can afford to pay for it themselves.
- The government only provides a lawyer in criminal cases but not civil cases, explained Sen. John Cornyn’s press secretary Natalie Yezbick. The language was explicitly included as states do not guarantee the right to an attorney in civil cases, Yezbick told the Daily Caller.
- Benjamin Hyun Sanderson of Gun Owners of America said the provision would “bankrupt” gun owners in a statement to the Daily Caller.
- “Because these cases would be tried under a Civil Court, there is no right to counsel as found in criminal procedures. This would ensure that gun owners would be forced to hire a lawyer during a ‘Red Flag Law’ Gun Confiscation Trial,” Sanderson said. “This is an ultimatum forcing gun owners to either accept a guilty verdict and lose their 2nd Amendment Rights or go bankrupt from all the legal fees.”
- “The inherent lack of due process should be appalling to all Americans.”
- The U.S. Supreme Court has struck down a restrictive New York handgun permitting law, delivering a major win for the Second Amendment and gun rights.
- In a 6-3 ruling, the nation’s highest court struck down New York’s gun-control law that required people to show “proper cause” to get a license to carry a concealed handgun outside the home.
- Justice Clarence Thomas said the court is holding “that the Second and Fourteenth Amendments protect an individual’s right to carry a handgun for self-defense outside the home.”
- Justice Samuel Alito suggested New York City citizens should be allowed to carry firearms on the subway late at night, for instance, while Roberts asked New York Solicitor General Barbara Underwood, “How many muggings take place in the forest?”
- Roberts and other conservative justices suggested New York’s law goes too far.
The [DS]/Ds knew the SC was going to rule on this, Is this why they are pushing the red flag laws so hard. Lets break it down.
The SC ruled you can carry a weapon, if the red flag laws are passed, strangers could tell on those people and the police will confiscate their weapons. Of course we know the red flag laws are not constitutional, but remember the game they play.
We all know what is going to happen, there are going to be a ton of lawsuits challenging the law. These cases will be brought in front of a Federal Court, they could issue an injuction, the DOJ will appeal and this will move up to the SC. Since we know how SCOTUS ruled in the latest gun control case we know that SCOTUS will find this a violation of the constitution. The [DS] knows this, the RHINOs know this, they also know it takes time, in the end they will lose and the people will see just like in CA, NY, NJ etc these people knowingly push unconstitutional laws.
- Mitch McConnell’s push for Republican Senators to vote for Gun Control will be the final straw. Just like he gave away the Debt Ceiling and got NOTHING in return, or handed the Dems a great sound bite and victory with the Infrastructure Bill, which is actually all about the Green New Deal, he is now forcing approval of the FIRST STEP IN TAKING AWAY YOUR GUNS! Republican Senators SHOULD NOT VOTE FOR THIS CAREER ENDING BILL!!!
- The man who allegedly told police he sought to kill Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh pleaded not guilty to attempted murder on Wednesday in a Maryland federal court.
- On June 15, the DOJ announced that 26-year-old Nicholas John Roske of California had been indicted on federal charges of attempting to murder a Supreme Court justice.
- Authorities allege that Roske traveled across state lines with the intent to kill Kavanaugh.