Some blogger friends were reminiscing about “43” — George W. Bush — calling him the “best president ever”.
I held my tongue ( I know, unusual for me). I SO disagree with their assessment of “43”. When I hear or read “Miss Me yet?” I say NO, I do not. You set the table for this mess we’re in.”
I’m not alone. This from Sad Hill:
Screen capture of today’s Drudge Report headliner…
C’mon Drudge! Seriously???
You’ve seen them, the Bush billboards, “Miss Me Yet?”
NO, I do not miss Bush!
“But Sad Hill, anything’s better than Obama…”
WARNING America: If we forget history, then we can forget the future.
This from an article I ran back in 2010 (HERE):
1. Joined with open-borders progressives McCain and Kennedy to try to force shamnesty down our throats.
2. Massively expanded the federal role in education.
3. Championed the Medicare prescription drug entitlement using phony math.
4. Kowtowed to the jihadi-enabling Saudis.
5. Stocked DHS with incompetents and cronies.
6. Pushed Hillarycare for housing.
8. Nominated crony Harriet Myers to the Supreme Court.
9. Pre-socialized the economy for Obama by embracing TARP, the auto bailouts, the AIG bailout, and in his own words: “I’ve abandoned free-market principles to save the free-market system.” – George W. Bush
Other Bushisms: Hillary and Bush agree on subsidization, the subprime mortgage bailout, a 2nd massive housing entitlement package followed by an economic stimulus plan in excess of $150 billion, passage of the $2.7 billion Bush housing boondoggle, the $85 billion bailout of AIG and the $25 billion auto bailout.
But wait, there’s more…
And so Drudge Report, ENOUGH with the Bush nostalgia already, please!