W. James McNerney
Boeing Corporate Offices
100 North Riverside
Chicago, Illinois 60606
Dear Mr. McNerney:
This letter is being sent to you on behalf of the Qatar Awareness Campaign Coalition. The purpose is to inform you and the public of the activities of Qatar. Why? According to a senior Boeing executive last October, “The relationship [between Qatar and Boeing] is very strong; it’s kind of like a marriage.”
Yet Qatar is perhaps the preeminent sponsor of terrorism in the world today, and a sponsor of ISIS genocide!
Few companies in the country hold the same esteem in the public eye as The Boeing Company. A manufacturer of commercial airplanes, and an indispensable military contractor, Boeing has helped build modern America. It simply boggles the mind that Boeing has contracts with terrorist-friendly Qatar for state-of-the-art commercial and military systems that total tens of billions of dollars.
In July this year, Boeing announced an $18.9 billion dollar deal with Qatar Airways for 50 777-9Xs wide-body jets. Qatar Airways also agreed to rights to purchase an additional 50, as well as four 777 Freighters, bringing the potential value of the deal to $39.8 billion. Finally, Qatar is also set to deploy Boeing’s latest flagship 787 Dreamliner plane.
One may ask, why does a country with only 278,000 citizens, and a total population of two million people, need so many airplanes? Doha is also a significant regional narcotics hub. Indeed, Qatar is strategically partnered with a smuggler of Taliban heroin, the Pakistani National Logistics Cell. Additionally, Qatar Airways’ flights have been found to carrying narcotics into Doha from South America.
Still, commercial contracts are but one side of the coin. In March, Boeing agreed to supply Qatar with 24 Apache attack helicopters and three Boeing 737 Airborne early warning and control aircraft. These sophisticated weapons systems are being sent to the same country which created the genocidal ISIS.
Below are some supporting facts that should give Boeing a reason to file for “divorce” from their Qatari spouse:
- In September 2011, in the course of 15 days, six drug mules were arrested in Ezeiza, Argentina carrying liquid cocaine. According to one official, “Ezeiza-Qatar is a new and rare route for drug trafficking. It exploded strong. On average, during the turn, there was one case every two days.”
- In March 2013, suspects again were arrested in Argentina carrying narcotics. They were set to board a Qatar Airways flights to Doha.
- In September 2013, there were six cases of Mexican smugglers arrested in Doha’s airport, attempting to smuggle drugs on Qatar Airlines from Buenos Aires. Apparently the “new route” has “exploded.”
- Qatar is evidently using Boeing C-17 Globemaster transport aircraft to supply Islamists in Libya, where Egypt and the UAE are attempting to keep the country from allying itself fully with the Islamic State.
- You, Mr. McNerney, are on a Trustee for Northwestern University. Northwestern has a campus in Doha whose development costs have been fully covered by the Qatar Foundation.
Qatar is a benefactor of the genocidal armies of ISIS, al Qaeda, and Boko Haram; it is involved in Taliban narcotics trafficking through a relationship with the Pakistani National Logistics Cell; and profits from operating a virtual slave state. Qatar has leveraged its relationships with violent jihadi groups to its own benefit, and to the detriment of the United States and her allies.
The QAC Coalition and petitioners ask that you consider the attached sourced report on Qatar’s activities. The links cited are vetted and credible sources. We hope you take the time to verify the truth of the statements for yourself.
After doing so, the Coalition of the Qatar Awareness Campaign calls on you to exert due influence on the Qatari government to cease any type of involvement in all forms of Islamic terrorism, slavery, and drug trafficking!
Lt. Col. Allen B. West (US Army, Ret)
Frank J. Gaffney, Jr.
Center for Security Policy
Paul E Vallely, US Army (Ret)
Chairman, Stand Up America
Andrea Shea King
Columnist & Radio Host
& the entire Qatar Awareness Campaign Coalition. **
Qatar Research Report: http://www.stopqatarnow.com/p/research-report.html
Sign the Petition! Visit www.stopqatarnow.com
Facebook: Stop Qatar Now
** Select signatures as of 9/27. The Qatar Awareness Campaign Coalition is comprised of more than 25 journalists, national security experts, publishers, and independent researchers. To view all Coalition participants, please visit the Campaign’s website.
CC: Boeing Defense, Space & Security, Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Washington, D.C. Government Operations Media Relations.