Republicans Who Voted to Convict Trump Face Backlash From Within Party
● The Louisiana GOP’s Executive Committee unanimously voted to censure Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-La.) over his vote, the party said in a brief statement.
● Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), another guilty vote, was condemned by the North Carolina Republican Party.
● Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) has faced mounting opposition for his anti-Trump statements and votes in recent weeks.
● The Utah, Maine, Alaska, and Nebraska Republican parties had not issued statements regarding the votes as of early Sunday.
● The group of Republicans who called Trump guilty were praised by Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), he described them as “Republican patriots.”