Here on Florida’s Space Coast, one of our concerned citizens sent this email around to folks on the Space Coast Patriots mail list.
So are you going to D.C. this week to join Michelle Bachmann on the Capitol steps? We have a bus from Orlando, buses from Tampa, a bus from Melbourne, flights filling up from Miami, people taking Amtrak… you name it, Florida will be there!!! Not as many as 912, but still…there.
I chaired a meeting of the Space Coast Patriots last night, our first at the Merritt Island library auditorium (I reserved it for once every month through 2010) and we had 36 people show up! One was a candidate, Tom Garcia, who is running for our congressional district 24 to unseat “Komrad” Kosmas, our current District 24 representative (she voted for the stimulus, for Cap and Trade, and supports Pelosi’s $1,200,000.000,000.00 Health Reform Bill). Tom gave an interesting 15 minute talk.
And we also had a guest speaker, Rey Sanchez from Melbourne, who was an 18 year old teenager in Cuba in 1958 when Castro took over from Batista. He worked to help overthrow Batista and get Castro into power believing the propaganda that Castro was going to bring democracy.
He told us that in Castro’s first two years he saw that dream disappear. He said that everything that Obama has done in 10 months is exactly what he saw Castro do in his first two years. His grandfather was a large landowner and supported Castro’s rebels on his land. In less than two years, Castro had seized all of his grandfather’s land. No more private property. He said he isn’t being fooled this time and he isn’t going to go down without a fight (and he means “fight” literally – that’s what he sees coming).
He clearly believes that while we all sit around like sheep baaing “that can’t happen here”, it is happening right before our eyes just like he saw it happen in Cuba. He covered how Castro
- used the education system to brainwash the youth (consider “Umm, ummm, ummm; Barrack Hussein Obama!” and “The Story of Stuff”, just a couple of today’s chilling examples);
- how Castro seized private property (today we encounter it as “Agenda 21/Sustainable Development”, part of the environmental movement, with wildlands projects, endangered species restrictions, etc. and eminent domain actions);
- how Castro nationalized business (Government Motors (GM) anyone? Or how about a couple of banks, maybe throw in 1/6 of the national economy with take over of the health care industry);
- how Castro nationalized agriculture (again we see it in Agenda 21/Sustainable Development plans for local planning boards with outright federal confiscation of private agricultural lands using “conservation easements” – going on in Colorado right now);
- how Castro took over control of the media (consider the White House war on FOX, manipulation of Nat’l Endowment of the Arts as an arm of propaganda, 33% increase in NPR funding, the FCC Czar’s proposed “Net Neutrality” and proposed bailouts of newspapers that support the “progressive” agenda, etc.);
- and on and on – all too eerily familiar.
He gave a very moving (and frightening) talk.
It was interesting to me how similar the content of his talk was to the video of the woman who grew up in Austria in the 1930’s and 1940’s. They both are very passionate about how we in this country are at a tipping point today. Tomorrow may be too late.
If you want information about joining forces to go to DC, or about what you can do locally to help stop the madness, please give me a call.
Gittin’ her done!