. . . . .
A growing number of citizens are taking action against the encroachment of totalitarianism here in America. GE is playing a major role in monitoring your every move while you’re INSIDE your home. How are they doing it? Ask the folks in California. Or better yet, read this piece by Terresa Monroe-Hamilton at Noisy Room.
Coming soon to your home unless you stop them – and you may never even get a choice – the insidious Smart Meter and the end of privacy as we know it. People don’t want these Big Brother devices installed and watching/recording their every move. Things are about to get ‘real’ between the government/Agenda 21 pushers and We The People. And if a fight comes, my money is on the Tea Party – they are a scrappy bunch and freedom lovers to boot.
The dance has already begun in certain places around the nation. In Marin, California, residents are slugging it out with PG&E and the FCC, UCLA’s epidemiology department and the California Public Utilities Commission. Looks like the Nanny State spared no expense in the fight to control Americans and I do mean ‘control.’ From Marin Magazine:
“Smart” gas and electricity meters, so called because they use wireless signals to transmit up-to-the-minute usage data rather than requiring visits from meter readers, have been a source of controversy in California since PG&E began installing them in late 2009. Concerns about privacy and accuracy have created an upswell of opposition from Bakersfield to Santa Cruz, but perhaps none as forceful as that in Marin. Here, educated and experienced activists—many of whom have been fighting against cell phone towers and other sources of electromagnetic radiation for a decade or more—have made smart meters the latest cause célèbre. And their message, which hinges on both health and individual autonomy, is catching on. Cotati, Bolinas and Novato have joined Fairfax in opposing the meters, as have the Marin Association of Realtors and the county Board of Supervisors.
Yet PG&E doesn’t need permission from communities to install the meters. In fact, 100,000 of the 216,000 smart meters slated for Marin are already in place. Statewide, PG&E has installed nearly 8 million of 10 million meters planned and expects to wrap up the project by early 2012. Similar rollouts are happening nationwide, with PG&E leading the way.
So much for getting your permission. They are going to cram Agenda 21 and Smart Meters right down America’s throat whether they want it or not. But before you think these were conservatives objecting, look again. It was primarily liberals. I do believe that we have found a meeting place in the middle – both sides hate big, controlling government. Notice I did not use the word Progressive, as the very definition of Progressivism is a love for big government. And while the liberal residents in California are concerned for their bodily health, conservatives are concerned for their Constitutional health, rights and freedoms. Both want their privacy. Agenda 21 and Smart Meters are bad for either cause. Here is a great video that explains more about Smart Meters:
From The American Dream:
Jerry Day, an electronics and media expert from Burbank California, recently detailed many of the ways that smart meters act as surveillance devices when they are installed in our homes….
- They individually identify electrical devices inside the home and record when they are operated causing invasion of privacy.
- They monitor household activity and occupancy in violation of rights and domestic security.
- They transmit wireless signals which may be intercepted by unauthorized and unknown parties. Those signals can be used to monitor behavior and occupancy and they can be used by criminals to aid criminal activity against the occupants.
- Data about occupant’s daily habits and activities are collected, recorded and stored in permanent databases which are accessed by parties not authorized or invited to know and share that private data.
- Those with access to the smart meter databases can review a permanent history of household activities complete with calendar and time-of-day metrics to gain a highly invasive and detailed view of the lives of the occupants.
- Those databases may be shared with, or fall into the hands of criminals, blackmailers, law enforcement, private hackers of wireless transmissions, power company employees, and other unidentified parties who may act against the interests of the occupants under metered surveillance.
- “Smart Meters” are, by definition, surveillance devices which violate Federal and State wiretapping laws by recording and storing databases of private and personal activities and behaviors without the consent or knowledge of those people who are monitored.
- It is possible for example, with analysis of certain “Smart Meter” data, for unauthorized and distant parties to determine medical conditions, sexual activities, physical locations of persons within the home, vacancy patterns and personal information and habits of the occupants.
Saddle up boys and girls… Things are about to get very interesting in these United States of America. In a fascist sort of way that is.
Here we are at ‘opposites’ day again… In the name of reducing energy costs, the government wants to replace all meters with these creepy Smart Meters. The meters will cause energy bills to ‘necessarily skyrocket’ (wait, where have I heard that before?) and have a whole set of nifty nasty side effects such as failing systems and the opening of your personal information to hackers. The Feds are spending a ton of money on this conversion process and ask yourself, why is that? It’s obviously not to save money as the costs are astronomical. It’s also not to save the environment as it virtually does nothing to help it. But it does give government control over you – when and for how long to shut down your power, how much you have to pay for said power, usage monitoring, etc. This is all being done in part to catch the smallest of entrepreneurs who work from home to force them to get business licenses and submit to oversight by the government, with the added bennie of forcing many of them out of business. This is the Progressive groundwork to drastically raise the cost of energy, raise taxes and fees and to box Americans in, corralling them with judgments over their income, credit ratings, habits, etc. It’s a Marxist’s dream come true and the ultimate nightmare for freedom-loving Americans. How do you like Obama now America? Time for a do-over in 2012 – if we get that far.
Once installed, these meters will record a plethora of data concerning your personal lives and it will be stored in databases that you and I will never get access to. And the data could be wrong or flawed, but you will have little recourse to correct it. Literally life and death decisions will be made by our overlords using that data. Count on it. And unless you want to live entirely off the grid (and many are moving in that direction), you will submit. The data will be used by law enforcement and the government to ‘protect’ you. Do you really think your Constitutional rights will even figure into the equation down the road?
Please watch the KHOU TV video and read the rest at The Noisy Room. This is your first step in taking action against the federal government and its crony capitalists.
. . . . .