Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts DELAYS handover of Trump’s tax returns to Congress: Victory for ex-President who argued Democrats only want files for political reasons
Trump filed an emergency appeal with the court on Monday, claiming the House Ways and Means Committee were trying to get hold of the records for political purposes.
From the Daily Mail:
- Roberts temporarily blocked Congress from getting hold of Trump’s returns
- Trump’s legal team filed an emergency appeal Monday to stop the handover
- They claim Democrats want the files for purely political reasons
- It is the latest twist in a long legal battle between Trump and Congress
- Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts has delayed the handover of Donald Trump’s tax returns from the IRS to a Democrat-led Congressional committee.
- Trump filed an emergency appeal with the court on Monday, claiming the House Ways and Means Committee were trying to get hold of the records for political purposes.
- Roberts has put the case on hold until the nine justices reach a full decision, and has given the committee until November 10 to respond.
- It is the latest twist in the long legal battle between the former President and Congress over his financial files.
- In August an appeals court sided with Ways and Means and said they could get access to his returns as part of an investigation into the IRS audit process.